Here I am back at the computer trying again to write down all the things that are in my head that I want to say.   First of all, check out the BOM’s on Tara and Brian’s website https://www.quilted-connections.com.   It’s certainly not too late to sign up.  I’ve been working on the first couple of blocks of Graphic Jam, and the fabrics are way too scrumptious.  It is paper pieced, which is my love, and very simple to assemble.  It actually looks way harder that it is.  Every colored block is done in parts that go together easy.  For the My Favorite Color is Moda BOM, all I have so far are the instructions.  The fabrics are delayed a bit, but the blocks are all different sizes and simple sew also.  Hopefully this will start very soon.  Check them both out. 

I did go a couple nights ago to pick up the new quilt that I designed from the quilter.  Finally decided on a name – Night Thoughts.  Can you guess why?  Most of the blocks were designed in my dreams.  I do my best work in my sleep.  Can’t tell you how gorgeous the bed runner turned out.  The quilting is superb.  Sewed on the binding last night and now just finishing up writing the pattern.  It will be on the website in the next few days.  It will be starting as a Block of the Month pattern in March, with kits available using the Stealth fabrics, (which I used).  Hope you all can join in.

We have also decided on a Sew-Along Challenge, yes another project.  But this one is a simple Simon and no thoughts while sewing.

 Garden Village Sew-Along


Who is up for a free Sew-Along Challenge?  Yes!!  We are quilters and we are ready.  We made it through some of the challenges of 2020, so this will be a breeze.  I discovered an adorable house quilt designed by Tilda® called “Plum Garden Village Quilt” that is a free online pattern. Go here to download the pattern – it is so stinkin’ cute.  I am inviting all of you to join in with me to make it for that special someone.


There are so many fabrics out there to choose from, but I am using the new Winkipop by Jen Kingwell – loving it.  Quilted-Connections will be getting kits ready in the Winkipop line to order for you here on their website.  The kit includes all you need for the top. What more can you ask for and how simple is that.  Although, they have other fabric packs that are perfect too.  Any fat 1/8 pack with about 28 fabrics or a fat 1/4 pack with less fabrics would be perfect.  Or even those scraps that are sitting waiting to be used.

This challenge begins on March 1st and ends on April 15th (Happy Birthday to me, along with Income Tax Day).  We will be done and ready to start our gardening this spring.  Here is our schedule –Week of March 1 – make 12 houses, Week  of March 8 – make 12 houses, Week of March 15 – make 12 houses, Week of March 22 – make 12 houses, Week of March 29 – make 12 houses, Week of April 5 – make 10 houses, Week of April 12 – make 14 trees.  Assemble and you are done.

We would love to see what you are doing, so every Monday post pictures on social media of your progress using the hashtags #sewwithquiltedconnections and #quiltedplumgardensewalong, I will too.  Sew virtually with us and let’s see how many crazy houses we can produce.  

Share the “I’m In” image to social media to let us know you are sewing along.  If you email me at this address daileyvernita@gmail.com,  I will send you progress reports and tips along the way.  Oh, let’s not forget that there will be a prize for the first one to email me a picture of the completed top by May 1st.  You can do it.  Check out the website for this also.

Yes, I am sure there will be more to come in the next week or so.  Lots going on, but I guess that's what keeps us going.  Keep watch and keep that bobbin full.  On to the next project.....

Vernita

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Quilters